Monday, July 10, 2017

Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee 4 ✭

Wife by Wednesday is a billionaire baby story that feels realistic and believable with characters you feel like you would meet in real life. I wasn't sure what I wanted to rate it for a review. I decided on a 4-star rating for a few reasons. I'm going to get into the reasons shortly. The reason I decided to pick up this book other than the pretty cover is that I have seen it rated so high on Amazon. At the time of this post, the book has 1653 reviews with an average of 4.3. The other reason is that I saw it listed as a Kindle Unlimited book that had Audible along with it. I haven't listened to a book in some time and I really wanted to especially with how busy I have been preparing for my friends to come to visit.

The characters are both strong willed individuals who are completely honest and up front with each other. They have an easy-going sense of humor and their relationship feels like it builds off a friendship first. They both have so many similarities and it didn't feel like it was forced writing similarities. It just felt like a normal flow because two people you would meet on the street. They make their marriage contract and come up with their plan to meet their mutual end goal and they hit some bumps along the way. Samantha and Blake feel very real when it comes to their personalities and having emotions that feel natural.


The backstory here is Samantha runs a company called Alliance which is a matchmaking company that pairs people up with similar goals. Think of it as pairing people so they won't be lonely and to enjoy a pleasant company of another people Something your business people that don't have time for much would use. Blake wants Samantha to be his temporary wife and she agrees because it so she wouldn't have to worry about the cost of her disabled sister's care. Blake is a Duke who has to marry before his 36th birthday or he does not receive his inheritance. Spoiler alert: he also has to make his wife pregnant according to his father's addendum in his will. So this marriage of convenience turns into an "oh snap, I have to make an Heir with my contract wife". Thankfully they had already begun to build their strong friendship. Their attraction can't be avoided and they are intimate and you know how it goes from here.




If you want a glimpse at a preview of the book just click below and check it out. You don't even have to leave the page.

I did use my Kindle Unlimited Subscription to borrow this book for free. As a mother of two, Kindle Unlimited is simply amazing for me. (#sellout) Regularly this book for an ebook version would cost $4.99 but a paperback copy would cost $5.99 so Kindle Unlimited feels like a steal for a pretty enjoyable read. This is the first book in the Weekday Brides Series. There are seven total books in the series and you can buy all seven for just $14.00 on Amazon in one Kindle Bundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment