Sunday, July 2, 2017

Vacation: A Butterfly Farm Day


This weekend, me, my daughter and my mother in law went to this very pretty Monarch Butterfly Farm down here in High Point, North Carolina. The farm was called All-a-Flutter, and we loved this place. It is out in the country on family owned land I believe. I mean, down south you have to appreciate the land and space that people have. Especially when you're like me and live in an old coal mining area where its tiny homes that are on top of each other with maybe a foot of space in between. 

Before I get too far, I want to start off with I TOOK ALL OF THESE PICTURES IN THIS POST. THEY ARE MINE! I am very happy to finally have a reason to get out and use my Nikon D3200 with my new camera lens, (Nikon 35mm f/1.8).


 They start off with a show that informs you and the kids there about all the phases of butterflies growth. I personally loved the little show because it involves the kids and my daughter got to go up on their "stage". Victoria was the caterpillar phase and for only being three years old she did really well. She wasn't shy at all. She went up during the show twice to participate. My "social butterfly", pun intended. 


Victoria loved getting to run around on the open land. They had tons of stuff there for the kids to do like jump rope, balls, frisbees. There was also a made slide, a football throw game, a little rock wall climb station. One of the super awesome parts was the Misting station, which was perfect for the muggy post rainy morning we had. One of the reasons they have all of these side event type things because there is a group by group basis for entry. Depending on how many people are there they can't all fit inside the butterfly habitat area. So you can in you group color/creature hand stamp.

They give you the little sugar sticks so you can feed the butterflies which are so cool. The first picture with my daughter was her holding a butterfly on a sugar stick.We had an older lady actually give Victoria hers because she caught and Victoria was sitting on a bench confused. I was focused on taking pictures of my mother in law and Victoria. Oh, and taking pictures of the butterflies. 

There are also these goats that I think do a little show I'm not sure, to be honest, but that's what my mother in law said they did. There were five of these adorable little guys. However, I am only posting my two favorite pictures. The black and white goat was fricken adorable! I loved it. It kept jumping up on the fence and getting right into my face. 




No comments:

Post a Comment