Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Out of the Shadows by Ashlee Nicole Bye 4 ✭

Title: Out of the Shadows
Author: Ashlee Nicole Bye
Series: Shadowlands
Genre: New Adult & College, Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Supernatural
Publish Date: April 11, 2017 -This is available as a free Kindle Unlimited read
Pages: 337
Ages: I would say mature high school. 

Rating: ✭✭✭✭

Out of the Shadows is a beginning to a whole new world of fantasy that is like a clash of everything colliding with an average normal chick. This story was pretty fantastic. It has its flaws but for now I I would like to chalk that up to the fact that it is the first book in the series. 

The main story itself with Sachi and what begins to happen to her and where her life is going to go even beyond this book is written very well. There is a little make-out which you look forward to, and there is a make-out that you almost wish was there too. Yep, I'm talking the love triangle. But that is only speculation on my part. I'll have to read the next book in the series to know for sure. 

There are so many authors that I can think of in the same genre of this book, and I feel like this book fits in great with all of them. All the different characters, all the mystery back plots, totally remind me of Karen Chance's Cassie Palmer series. 

Ashlee Nicole Bye has written this book with many different points of views that are constantly changing to give you a full perspective of the world. Although at times it seems like you are meeting new characters and then they get discarded right after that scene, you get a really good idea of an actual world beginning to be built. I didn't care for the end, and you will see why. It's another scene with a couple of random characters get dropped into your lap, and then it is THE END. I feel like this would be something to tack on after the book is over. Like a beginning to the next book. BUT, even with all that, it is a great story.

Second book in series: Into the Dark: Goodreads.com Link:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34336598-into-the-dark 

For a Free Preview, you can click below to read and not even leave the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment