Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Hidden by Kendra Elliot 3 ✭

This is the first book in the Bone Secrets Series by Kendra Elliot. It is a total of a six book series.Lacey Campbell is a former gymnast and the survivor of the Co-ed Killer. Lacey's testimony was the one that put him away in jail. Now eleven years later she is a forensic odontologist, which means she looks at teether and bones. So in the beginning of this book, it is truly devastating when she is inspecting a set of teeth at a homicide and realizes that she knows whom they belong to while they are just sitting in the palm of her hand. They belong to her best friend Suzanne who went missing when they were both attacked by the Co-ed Killer.

Jack Harper is a former cop who now runs his families business. He is seen as a rich "playboy" but thankfully the book doesn't focus on this like a lot of other books where the millionaire playboy is the main love interest. Suzanne's body was discovered on one of his properties. What makes this even more puzzling is that he was one of the cops on the case all those eleven years ago.

This book has many perspectives and sometimes it jumps a little weird. The best way that I can explain it is that they needed to cut down on the size of the book and just cut whole paragraphs of descriptive scene changes. That is the ONLY reason why it is rated so low and that may just be my personal take on the writing and my comprehension of these scene changes. I hope that I am not judging this too harshly because of my personal comprehension issues, but that's just how I felt.

This is an amazing book if it wasn't for that. The characters points of view are written great. It makes you think about who could be the killer many different times. Not only does it give you Jack and Lacey's view but it also shows you the killers perspective, one of the cops on the current case, and even Lacey's report ex-boyfriend/ best friend. I really enjoy mysteries that make you guess along while you read. It's the kind of thing that you have to take a break to really think, did they give me enough clues to figure it out for myself.

Click below to read a free preview without 
even leaving the page!



I borrowed this book for FREE using my Prime Reading, but you can also borrow a copy for free using Kindle Unlimited. Prime Reading is free if you already pay for Amazon Prime and it is like a lite version of what you can get with a Kindle Unlimited Subscription. Now that I am done with the #sellout mode, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment