Friday, May 18, 2018

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 3 ✭

Title: Her Dark Half
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Red Queen
Genre: Young Adult, Supernatural
Publish Date: February 10. 2015
Pages: 398
Ages: Teen

Rating: ✭✭✭
I think this series has potential. It is definitely part of the trend of the 2015 dystopian book fever, however, it has a little change to it with half of the people, the silver bloods, having powers.
I rated this low because I found the major twist predictable. Overly predictable that when the scene played out I was almost uninterested in that section of the book. I say almost because it does continue at a good pace and I did want to see how it would continue from there.

The characters were pretty interesting throughout and it made me think of each scene "the game is afoot". Just because of the sneaky dealings, or background characters relationships the main character, Mare, isn't aware of.

Romantic interests in this is a little interesting because there are three. Maven who she has some feeling for and it seems like he might truly feel some too. Cal, who is Maven's brother does also and it's clear as day but they can't because of the circumstances they are all in. Lastly, we have the childhood best friend type. The one who she might have ended up with if she didn't meet the prince.
I did like this book enough that I ordered the next book in the series. I want to give it a chance and the storyline itself is pretty good. I really enjoyed the writing and the world building. Especially when you are reading about the different parts of the lands. The silvers live in the wonderful cities and the reds get the dirty towns, or the towns full of radiation.



The second book in the series should be here in a couple days, so I am going to be reading the next book in the series after my current book. 

If you would like to read the beginning of Red Queen, you can check it ou below without leaving the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment