Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Adeline by Christina McKnight 4 ✭

Title: Adeline
Author: Christina McKnight
Series: Lady Archer's Creed
Genre: Historical Romance, Regency
Publish Date: August 29, 2017
Pages: 260
Ages: 18 + 

Rating: ✭✭✭

Adeline by Christina Mcknight was a sweet story but one I have read before, sort of. The story isn't bad, it just introduces you to a snobby young lady who is full of attitude right before she goes to an etiquette school. Then it cut scenes to her as an adult and who has grown-up mature. I just feel like it almost wasn't even worth reading the first part. Now, this is part of a series. So maybe the introduction ties with the previous books of the series, I don't know I have never read them. I guess that kind of threw me off for the first half of the book.



This is another retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Books like that are a classic for a reason. So when you read them you have to find what makes that one special. I think part of what makes this so special is how Jasper is. He is almost like a scared little boy who grew to be a man. So everyone around him cares for him, and he equally tries to take care of them. It's really nice. He is horribly scarred from a fire that took his family away from him. You can genuinely feel the love that he has.


As the story continues I did start to like Adeline more as a character. She had been discarded by her family. So both characters are lonely and need a someone of their own. For me, it was Adeline's character that sort of lost it for me. Online I see tons of people do love her character, so maybe I wasn't feeling it personally. I would recommend this book so some of my friends, but only if it was something I think they would be into. It doesn't feel like one of those books to me that you have to tell EVERYONE you know.


This was a book that I received from NetGalley to give my honest review. You can get all of the books in the series for your Kindle in one bundle for $7.99. Individually it looks like the books vary from $0.99 to $2.99. So if you picked these up getting the four-book bunch would be a better deal. If you want to check out a book by Christina McKnight, I did see that the first book from another one of her series is available for free on Kindle. (Prices are at the time of this review)


You can read a free sample of Adeline below without leaving the page.



You can get all of the books in the series for your Kindle in one bundle for $7.99. Individually it looks like the books vary from $0.99 to $2.99. So if you picked these up getting the four-book bunch would be a better deal. If you want to check out a book by Christina McKnight, I did see that the first book from another one of her series is available for free on Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment