Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Final Fall by Heather W. Petty 4 ✭

Title: Final Fall
Author: Heather W. Petty
Series: Lock & Mori
Genre: Crime, Mystery, Romance
Publish Date: November 28, 2017
Pages: 208
Ages: 14 & up

Rating: ✭✭

I want to be completely honest here. I never read the first two books in the series. Oh my god. Do I wish that I did? Heck yeah. I mean at first, I was totally confused because I had no clue who the perspective was coming from and why they were imprisoned. But you know, you roll with it because it's interesting. This person who is caged in is kind of bad ass and smart. I think when I was halfway through my copy from the publisher is when I had to shop around for the first two books in the series. I am kind of disappointed that this series didn't seem to have the presence in the public that I felt it deserved. I feel like this should have already been on my radar. 

I think this is a great crime solving book for teens and up to read. There are masterminds behind masterminds it seems in this series. That really has made me feel like I have missed out on not reading the first two books. Mori is a strong, smart, and maybe a little crazy. She uses her own brilliance and fierce determination to accomplish her goals. I am not sure if I would call her a role model, but I would definitely agree with aspects of her being admirable. 

I feel like Lock is a key player in this book but in the background. Always there but not. This is mostly a result of the things that have happened in the previous books. I wish that I could have gotten to know his character some more but I was able to get a good feel for his character. I think that this series could still live on with the kind of person Lock is. That would be pretty cool to read. 

If this had been the first book in the series I would have said that it shows promise of a good series and a future with awesome characters. It's the end of the series according to Amazon's blurb, but I am bummed out because I would really be ok for it to continue. I have to read the whole series to get a full feeling for the series as a whole. If I were my pre-teen self, this is a book that I would absolutely enjoy and get hooked into.



No comments:

Post a Comment