Saturday, November 25, 2017

Disorderly Conduct by Tessa Bailey 3 ✭

Title: Disorderly Conduct
Author: Tessa Bailey
Series: The Academy
Genre: Romance
Publish Date: August 29, 2017
Pages: 354
Ages: 18 + 


Rating: ✭✭✭

I read the first and second book backwards. It didn't really change much for my perspective of how much I like Tessa Bailey's writing and her characters. I think she does an excellent job of writing characters who develop relationships that feel completely natural. It's not just trying to mash two archetypes together and turn out a book.

This book was a fun ride. I wouldn't call it the best. I loved the second book in the series a he'll of a lot more. It had characters that develop and grow through the story and they actually change. While Disorderly Conduct makes you think they may have grown and they really don't they just stumble into the realization they've been ignorant and immature. I guess I just wasn't super into this one as the others. I delayed on writing my reviews because of the thanksgiving holiday time frame and it really gave me a better idea of how I felt.

Ever comes from a line of family with this really weird idea that they are mistresses who should just use men for sex and have no emotional entanglements. Ok so your mom having a sex talk is one thing but having your mom say just bone that's it... weird. generations go one by accident it seems. However, Ever is an interesting person. She is nice, she is stable in her career, she has a hood sense of humor and determination. I liked her, just not this weird background.

Charlie is an obsessive stalker, but it's written in a way you want to almost forgive him. I guess the theme for this book could be determination. He was determined to have Ever. Charlie not only comes across as a stalker but also like an immature school boy. He's like running around town sabotaging Ever' s dates and stuff.

So both Ever and Charlie are like immature kids who are products of their upbringing. Neither have a clue what a relationship is or how to approach it. So obviously there with be misunderstandings, conflicts, devastation, betrayal, swooning, yada yada. Not a bad book at all. I liked it.


Check out a Free Preview of Tessa Bailey's Book Disorderly Conduct below without even leaving the page:


No comments:

Post a Comment