Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Brightest Embers by Jeaniene Frost 3 ✭


Title: The Brightest Embers
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: HQN Books
Series: A Broken Destiny
Genre: Paranormal Romance, New Adult
Publish Date: November 29, 2017
Pages: 352
Ages: 18 +

Rating: ✭✭✭

I borrowed The Brightest Embers from my local library. Jeaniene Frost is one of my favorite authors. So when I realized that there was a shorter wait list, I jumped on and grabbed a copy. This was the finale in the A Broken Destiny series. I always like Jeaniene Frost's writing because there is always something about her main character that is relatable to me. Whether it's the smartass attitude or the protective feelings for loved ones. It's just always something that gets me. This series is no different but I feel like this last book was a little less like that. I feel like I didn't have that strong familiarity with the characters like they didn't stay with me long term. That makes me sad. The flipside to that is a very well written and planned out ending. So for me with its a give and take situation. 

There was a lot of the characters bouncing from location to location while they search for the final holy weapon. There was a major revelation or two depending on your feelings for Adrian. Personally, Adrian isn't one of my favorite guys in a book, like he would be a really good friend. I didn't fall in love with him as a character. And the ways he changes over the book weren't really the main focus but just side frill. She goes through so much in the books as a person. With Adrian and Ivy's link, she is starting to lie more, and she is abandoning her destiny since his evil is leaking through to her. So she had to deal with that. She has to deal with Andrian's betrayals and all the demons hunting them. She has to grow and deal with her destiny. Just like we can never fully guide someone down the right path, they have to do it on their own. One of the reveals I do want to share an opinion on and it will be at the bottom of the post. This way if you don't want to see spoilers, you don't have to.

All in all, I feel like this was a good solid book. It was a solid finale for this trilogy with everything tying of neatly. I feel like you get all the answers and you want. I enjoyed the journey of the series and I'm bummed it's the end.

You can read a Free Sample of The Brightest Embers below without even leaving the page.





I don't usually write spoilers in my post because I have zero restraint. So I always read peoples spoiler posts and regret it later. I tried to not make it labeled at the top to make it a big eye grab thing. You know, sneaky like you have to actually look into the post to find out there may be spoilers. Anyways...So Ivy is with child. I'm trying to not use the big p-word that would catch someones attention as they scrolled by. Now the thing is Adrain was supposed to have a vasectomy. Here's my thought: The manna they use to heal everything, at some point, healed everything for him. There isn't any mention about the thoughts on how this could have happened, but that's just what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment