Saturday, June 2, 2018

Buying a House and DNF reviews

Hey guys! I've been steamrolling through the Red Queen series, haven't I? Well, I am starting War Storm today! However, my parents are visiting from Pennsylvania, and we are in the process of buying a house so I'm hoping that I don't book stall again. It's our first time buying a house and there is so much to it. You have to talk to so many people and make sure everyone is on the same page. Thank god for my realtor, she is amazing! The kids have been pretty good while we have been looking from house to house which was a huge plus. I'm so worried about the schools these days and finding good schools. But I also want to get more value for my money too. I don't want a small house that I'm going to feel cramped for the next however many years we are there. It's tough. I think the house we chose we found a good happy medium. Something with enough space for us, plenty of land for the kids to have fun with, and most of the schools are good. It really is extremely stressful! It's the second most stressful thing in my life so far. Other than waiting to give birth and then the giving birth and post birth too I guess, it is horrible. LOL. That whole time period sucks, plus with all the medical issues I had during it all it was rough. 

A couple books ago I had mentioned that I started a book. I'm not sure if I want to review it. Hear me out. I didn't finish it. I got to chapter five. I find it boring. The characters are not interesting. I see this book has good reviews, but I'm not sure if it's teen fanboy/fangirling or if I need to keep going farther. I feel like by chapter five I should get a good feel for the characters, and the pace of the book. Since I haven't actually read the book, I don't feel like I could review it. I don't have enough to go off. Just because the characters are boring to me doesn't mean that they won't speak to someone else and hold a place in their heart. Does that make sense? I feel like writing a DNF review is just too brutal sometimes. I actually have two books that I have been stalled out on. One is a NetGalley review and the other just a paperback I picked up one day because I had read other books by the author. I don't know, ugh. Maybe I will push through. I just feel like I'm taking too much time to read them, and there are others that I would be more interested in and read faster. We will see.

This month is going to be crazy. We have a few appointments coming up that involve the house we are buying, plus it's BOTH MY KIDS BIRTHDAY MONTH AHHHH. She is going to be four, and he is going to be two. I can't believe it. They're getting older and I don't like it. So it's going to be a long month that's going to go fast. probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment