Monday, December 10, 2018

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 5 ✭


Title: 
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Author: 
Jenny Han
Publisher: 
Simon & Shuster Books for Young Readers
Series: 
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Genre: 
Young Adult, Romance, Social & Family Issues
Publish Date: 
April 15, 2014
Sold by: 
Simon & Schuster Books
Pages: 
368
Ages: 
12 & up
 Rating: ✭✭✭✭✭

My sister and I have been talking about this movie non-stop for a week. She's in her early 20's and I just turned 33 this month. I am a reader, and she really isn't. So I grabbed the book set on Amazon. I got it at a steal using coupons and stuff, $13. For example, there is currently a coupon for $5 off a $20 paperback purchase, which is one of the ones I used when I got my books. I got a set for me and my sister. I'm pretty sure she is going to read these books. She already said she would so that is her Christmas Present.

So I am a big fan of the movie, and I can say, so far, I am a fan of the first book just as much. There are definitely changes between the book and movie. However, it doesn't really make one better than the other in my opinion. They just sort of enhance each other in different ways. It's like the movie Serenity and the show Firefly to me. They are essentially the same story, just done a little different from the same people. You can really see the actor's from the movie fitting in these rolls of the book. I've watched the movie I think three times and just finished the book. All in a couple weeks. This book is definitely something that can be read multiple times, just like the movie.

This book is supremely relatable to a young girl and her first crushes. You get to hear from Lara Jean's perspective of her past major loves that she has moved on from. You get to see more of each individual boys letter that she has written. Jenny Han has done an amazing job of making you understand what Lara Jean is feeling and has gone through. It is believable and realistic. I mean, hell, I still remember mine. I remember all my crushes and my absolute love and the ridiculously embarrassing love letters I wrote to those boys. I can't wait for my daughter to read these when she hits that age because I think these are a sweet way to see another person going through the motions of multiple strong loves. I remember my mom talking to me about boys when I was a kid, and it was embarrassing and I didn't even want to relate to my mom. I feel like as a mom now, who was a boy-crazy teen, I can see these (and the movie) being a really good way to talk to my future teen daughter.


Other than the basic breakdown of the book. I don't have much else to say. I think it is an amazing book. I am really happy that I got this book set. I plan on reading the next book now. As a mom, I would recommend this. To the mom, and to the teen. 

Check out a Free Sample read of Jenny Han's amazing book below without even leaving the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment