Wednesday, December 12, 2018

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han 5 ✭

Title: 
P.S. I Still Love You
Author: 
Jenny Han
Publisher: 
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Series: 
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Genre: 
Young Adult, Contemporary Romance, Social & Family Issues
Publish Date: 
May 26, 2015
Sold by: 
Simon & Schuster
Pages: 
353
Ages: 
12 & up
Rating: ✭✭✭✭✭
Jenny Han has continued Lara Jean's story in the most adorable and total Lara Jean way possible. At the time of my review, Netflix IS going to make a sequel. It deserves it in my opinion. This saga is just so perfect. I will watch the hell out of it.

Since the story is a little changed from the first book to the movie, I can see how the second book will be changed. Although, I don't see it really having to change much. I mean, really what was changed was some character backstory. Who was a first kiss and how, how they all know each other and just a little more background? It's why you can read the books and watch the movie so easy. Again, I am predicting that the book and movie will complement each other just like they did before.

Lara Jean and Peter are actually dating in this book, for real this time. It is sweet and fun. However, Lara Jean has a lot of trouble with the fact that Peter still talks to his ex, Gen, all the time. This is a very real situation. I had a similar one when I was 16. The boy is trying to be friends with the ex, but also trying to still be your boyfriend. You want to hate that he isn't 100% only loyal to LJ, but really if he was able to ditch his ex so easily, what kind of person would that make him? Right so, with that in mind, there is VALUE to this book, other than it being a teen love. Also, another love letter recipient and LJ start getting close. LJ is in a confusing time with her boyfriend always being with his ex, and getting this new fresh attention from a new boy. It is a really confusing time for her. Again, this plays out so natural that you can read right through it so fast.

Another aspect of this story other than the total teen triangle is the affect dating has on a family. Yes, you see this in the first book. The first book was Margot relationship and its effect. This is how LJ's relationship/friendships affect their whole family. How it changes interaction with a sibling and even the parent. There are different ways that LJ father changes for a couple of scenes just because of events that have happened, however, her father isn't there too much to really see that impact. It's more about Kitty. Kitty has been attached to both her sisters' boyfriends. I can relate my little sister still remembers and adores my one ex. She knows nothing of the problems we had, but to her, he was just the best.

I love these characters. I love how the story is playing out. I hope with the final book Peter starts acting like he is growing up because I feel like the progression for him is stagnant. We will see. Always and Forever, Lara Jean is next. I'm hoping to enjoy this one as much as the others.


You should check out a Free Sample read of P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han below, without even leaving the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment