Saturday, March 10, 2018

Too Beautiful to Break by Tessa Bailey 5✭

Title: Too Beautiful to Break by Tessa Bailey
Author: Tessa Bailey
Series: Romancing the Clarksons
Genre: Romance, Women's Fiction
Publish Date: September 26, 2017
Pages: 320
Ages: 18 + 


Rating: ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are dying to read a book that has very well written characters that develop through the story this is one you should grab. I have read a few of Tessa Bailey's book now and they are top notch at character development. Seriously, I have found to love the journey of each character in each book. In each of the books that I have read, her characters connections feel real and alive. The characters all feel different in each series. They change and grow within their one book. She is definitely an author writes fantastic characters that deserve attention from everyone.

Tessa talks about where her inspiration for this story came from in the acknowledgments of the book. You absolutely need to read this. The whole time I read this all I could think about was the care and attention to detail that was put into bringing these characters story to paper.  I personally have to mention this because at the beginning of my review. I felt like the characters might not have been my style of a read. But after I read that, I had to continue. Once at the end I decided that this book was another top notch amazing read.

Belmont is a determined man who when he says he's going to do something he 100% does it to the fullest extent that it could possibly be done. Belmont would say he wants to fish in the ocean. Then he would end up getting a boat and running a successful group. That's the kind of man he is. If his family gets hurt it would be the exact same thing. He would go out of his way and do anything and everything to make it better. The only thing is he has his own flaws from a traumatic childhood incident. His character was fascinating to read while he was damaged and disturb that he wouldn't be a healthy person to be around. However, the change at the end, Tessa wrote about his smile and it wasn't like reading it. You could feel how his world had been fixed. You could feel the clouds part and you would smile with him knowing that someone so broken had managed to come up clean and refreshed out of the dirt. 

Belmont is not the only character in this story though. Sage is a lot like Belmont. She isn't broken I would say. She is a woman who grew up in the mud and fighting the shadows of the judgemental town that she felt was always following her. She was the poor girl that everyone took pity on but at the same time looked down on because of who her family was. What makes Sage an interesting character is the start of the book. Chapter one and she is leaving the man that she loves. He's the man she feels like she actually can not survive without. That is like the opposite of most happily ever after books. They do appear in other characters books in the series and have a connection before the start of this book. So you should read the first four books to understand their relationship. Which I did NOT do since I got this copy from Netgalley. So I would start from the beginning since this is the fourth book in the series. Back to Sage. She is striving for her independence from him. She wants to learn to be strong enough to be here without him. She knows she can not rely on him as her crutch anymore.


I can not say it enough. Tessa writes amazing books that are not only cut and dry happily ever after books. These are people on paper. People who have seen some things, they have experienced things. You as the reader get to watch them. You get to love them. 

Check out a sample below without leaving the page if you would like. I would buy this book if I knew what I knew at the moment with how well written this book was.

No comments:

Post a Comment