Monday, March 5, 2018

The Girl Who Saved Ghosts by K.C. Tansley 4 ✭


Title: The Girl Who Saved Ghosts
Author: KC Tansley
Series: The Unbelieveables
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Supernatural, Time Travel
Publish Date: August 1, 2015
Pages: 280
Ages: Teen

Rating: ✭✭✭✭

Kat has been in a struggle since they came home from Castle Creighton. She's been constantly hounded by ghosts who are lining up for the chance to get their "reckoning", or their final piece before they can move on. They're lining up waiting to talk to her which is sapping her of all her strength. It leaves her helpless and weakened which is not good because of what fate has in store for them.

There is a great evil in the game now that you could even call the ultimate evil. It's an ancient evil that has been around for centuries. This evil is now after Kat. She gets to adventure to the Langley home and learns more about her family lineage and the lore behind all the families. Which is tough for her since she grew up without knowing anything or anyone from this side of her family, including her father. Going to her families ancestral land is really important because it starts Kat and Evan on a clear path for their futures as the current heirs to two of the four families. I loved the family history part of this. Just the idea of it is fantastic and I can't wait to see how the future books in the series continue.

Of course, since Kat's powers deal with the past, they go into the past again. Just Kat and Evan again, and this time its to get his families relic. A dagger of badassery... I don't want to spoil too much, but I feel like each family has some amazing mystical properties to them. You start to really touch into that in this book when the two begin their training.

I'm dying to know how many books are going to be in the series. The book is written with a good clear path for character development and I am looking forward to seeing them grow. I can say I'm attached to these characters for sure. Not to mention the budding romances and where they are going to go. I was totally like a teenager girl in those two moments that I will not spoil. You'll have to read the book so you can grin like little girl like me. 

I am very thankful for my copy from NetGalley for me to review.
You can preview a sample for yourself below without having to leave the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment