Monday, January 1, 2018

Stolen Kisses by Annie Rains 3 ✭

Title: Stolen Kisses
Author: Annie Rains
Series: A Blushing Bay Novel
Genre: Romance, Women's Fiction
Publish Date: October 10, 2017
Pages: 238
Ages: 18 + 
Rating: ✭✭✭

With friends developing into lovers you would think this would be a thrilling read, however even though I was near the end it took me three weeks to decided to finish this little romance. I think the overall of this book was that it was an ok read, that might hit for someone better than it did me. It wasn't overly predictable until you got to the last 5% or so when it's building into its happily ever after. It has a few sweet moments near the end where you felt sorry for the characters, but you were able to quickly move beyond that when the end was ten pages later. (It felt like)

Krista is a nurse who has had a plan in life. She knows what she has always wanted to do with her life, and what she wanted out of it. She loves working with people and healing people. She has had a best friend her whole life (Noah) who she has been completely in love with in secret only to him. So she's been waiting around focused on her career and her friends and family. 

Noah has been a mess most of his life until when things change when he was in college and send him running for the hills to be with his family to live a life of a bachelor's dream. He lives in a boathouse, he is on the water fishing for a living, and is the Captain of his own boat. He was the baby of the family and everyone seems to know him as "that guy". He has his weekly dinner with his best friend Krista who he sees as one of the guys. He even says it when he brings a date to their get together one night and it sets off the chain of events that lead to the entire book. 

I guess for me personally I didn't feel interested in the characters much. Well, Krista was a little interesting, but as being one of the guys she didn't come across like that. She came across more like someone's kid sister that ended up being part of the gang (sort of). I guess that's part of why it didn't reach me as much. I have been one of the guys and I feel like Krista doesn't fit like that. Not a bad book and I enjoyed reading parts of it. I just sort of stalled out with reading it about 80% (thank you kindle) of the way through.


Check out a free Sample below to see if Stolen Kisses is your type of a read below, without leaving the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment