Thursday, July 6, 2017

Face Off: Emile by Alicia Hunter Pace 5 ✭



Oh SNAP! This book was great. I am a huge hockey fan myself so this is like whoa... I have totally had this dream before. I go the AHL hockey games at the arena near my house and it's only a couple miles away. So if you are into romance books and you know a decent amount about hockey this is 100% for you. If you like to read about some very flexible men, this is a must read.

Amy used to own her own business where she would organize things for people. It was just about anything and her skills were getting known by word of mouth.  It got to the point she had some high-end clientele and she received an offer to sell her business. Her boyfriend Cameron who was a failed pro football guy turned sports agent, convinced her that this would be an amazing opportunity and she made a few million. Well, maybe a couple more than a few. Cameron is a slime ball and abandons her in a town, takes her car, belongings, and her money. She is left alone with no phone and only the clothes on her back and the $85 in her wallet.

That's how Emile meets her. Emile is a goalie in the NHL for the Nashville Sound. (FYI - My personal favorite player is a goalie. He was smoking hot and I'm sad he isn't on my team anymore. It's all about those pre-game warm-up stretches) Anyways... Emile has a heart of gold and a troubled past. So he sees Amy in trouble and does everything he can to help. His past doesn't hinder him like some predictable male leads in a book. Nope, he has moved on from his past traumas and grown as a person. I love that aspect of his character. The only problem is Amy doesn't want to have Emile hand everything to her because that is how Cameron made off with her money.

I have read a couple sports romance and one of my favorite author's to read was Jaci Burton. So if you like those books this is definitely up your alley. All in all, I sat her with a goofy school girl smile at the end. This felt like the real true love between the characters, and no cheesy lines with an instant *snap* head over heels. The characters develop and you grow with the story. This is a sweet romance with hot sex.

I was lucky enough to get a free ARC type copy of this book to read and I am extremely grateful and very happy that I got the chance to read this before it was published. At the time of this review, the book is available to preorder on Amazon. Face Off: Emile has its release date set for July 24, 2017.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment