Sunday, January 27, 2019

Blood Vow by J.R. Ward 4 ✭

Title: 
Blood Vow
Author: 
J.R. Ward
Publisher: 
Ballantine Books
Series: 
Black Dagger Legacy
Genre: 
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Publish Date: 
December 6, 2016
Sold by: 
Random House LLC
Pages: 
472
Ages: 
18 +
Rating: ✭✭✭✭

The Black Dagger Legacy really is a thing before this spin-off series came up. You still have people who bring up the original characters in forum posts and book clubs. They are characters that you can't forget. They stick with you. Those characters and the intense storylines are why I keep buying Ward's books. It is a Legacy on its own. I feel like this is important to bring up, now that I am two books deep into the spin-off series. I am seeing how Ward is continuing the world while bringing something new. It seems like each book with being half and half. Half some of the new recruits storyline, and half of the old crew storyline. 


I liked Rhage and Mary. I still do. I believe there is a book of theirs that I have not read yet in the OG series. I think it takes place before this book. So I am missing some stuff. I haven't read the OG series from The King and anything after. So this was a perfect way for me to catch up. I got to see how their relationship has changed, and how they have their new little addition. The complications that happen while they are trying to adopt little Bitty is a good family problems story plot. BTW, Bitty is my cats' name... So anyways. The OG brotherhood has all been together for a while, so having these normal problems showing up in their lives and getting to see them is nice. Butch and Marissa, it was the space that happens between married couples sometimes overtime. Rhage and Mary it is the child and adopting crisis.


I am not sure if I like the split between the two groups. They sort of feel split from each other completely. I don't feel the closeness between the new recruits like you feel from the brothers. I mean they're a "brotherhood" and I don't feel that bond between these recruits at all. I don't know if it is because they haven't developed enough story yet, or if its because so much of the writing is focus on something not related to them at all. Maybe if the book was longer. I don't know. I felt the same way with the last book. This is what sticks me in the 3 stars to 4-star feeling. I go for 4 because the writing is good.

Um so to finally get to the two characters this book is suppose to be about... They are good characters. Elise reminds me of Beth I think from OG. Axe is unique. He is a little goofy at times, and completely dark at times.

You should check out a Free Sample read below of Blood Vow. 
You don't even have to leave the page!


No comments:

Post a Comment