Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost 5 ✭

Title: 
Shades of Wicked
Author: 
Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: 
Avon
Series: 
Night Rebel
Genre: 
Romance, Fantasy
Publish Date: 
October 30, 2018
Sold by: 
HarperCollins Publishers 
Pages: 
384
Ages: 
18+
 Rating: ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh snap! I am so happy with this book. I, like many other people, have waited for Ian’s book for so long and I am so happy to have it. I devoured it. I loved it just like Cat & Bones story, maybe more. I will say I feel ill knowing the next book isn’t out til summer 2019. My mind is still spinning. I literally just put the book down and had to run to fangirl about the book.

Where to start? Even in the dedication of the book, she writes to her fans who keep asking about Ian's book. This is for us fam!! Jeaniene Frost has a sweet part in her acknowledgments to her husband that made me tear up because I just love her and it was so sweet. Chapter One I almost starting DMing her on twitter because I was so amused by the whole start. It felt perfect for Ian. It was everything that I would hope from his amusingly wicked (pun intended) character. Here’s the thing, I don’t even use twitter, really. I feel stupidly awkward using it, but I wanted to scream and shout my support out to her. I wanted to express how happy I was, and that was just chapter one. It continued to amaze me as I went and I read 70% of the book in the first half a day of having the book.

Ian was the multidimensional character that you have been getting hints about through all the books. He was amusing like a kid, dastardly with his schemes, downright dirty and you will love every bit. I think by the end of the Night Rebel series, He will be very strong. Like on scaled with Bones and Mencheres. He knows how to wield magic even though it is against the law. He is extremely intelligent which she found out when she was using many languages and he knew them all. He is impulsive, but it's amazing.

I really liked Veritas. With Jeaniene Frost, you always expect a strong, capable female able to take care of herself. Same goes for Veritas. She couldn’t be thousands of years old and not be able to. She’s got the dual lineage thing going for her too. Honestly, I was really concerned that she would be too tough. I didn’t want to read a predictably tough chick. Which is what I feel like Leila in the Night Prince series has become. Veritas has had a different life since she isn’t just a vampire. She has had to live always being guarded so people wouldn’t discover her mix breed. She also is a Law Guardian, so living to the law and being distant from people has made her have this guarded, boring personality. But like Ian says in the book, when she was drunk (which is my absolute favorite part of the book) and wearing her true form, that’s when she is most herself. When she and Ian were being playful with each other, it was such a fangirl moment for me. I can totally see them being an amazing duo for the rest of the book (s). 

It does leave on a major cliffhanger about a demon war that will be coming. I don't want to reveal too much about the ending, or the major events that unfolded during Shades of Wicked. But I will say with the last few lines of the book, it completely reminded me of a scene in one of Cat & Bones books. It felt like coming home to a warm hug. I don't know, I can't explain that well enough. I just felt right. I need to unpack and reread ALL of the books again. Soon. I will soon. I would absolutely pimp this book out to anyone I know to read. I just love these books. I love Jeaniene Frost. Whatever lacking I may have felt in any previous books, it's gone. I am so happy.

I may be biased. Jeaniene Frost is my favorite author. She always delivers a sense of humor that gets me. I urge you to at least read a sample of the book. You can below without leaving the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment