Friday, August 25, 2017

King of Swords by Anna Durbin 4 ✭


Title: King of Swords
Author: Anna Durbin
Series: Kings of the Tarot
Genre: Historical Romance, Regency
Publish Date: June 11, 2017
Pages:  376
Ages: 18 +
Rating:  ✭✭✭✭

King of Swords is an amusingly enchanting story about a couple who couldn't be more irritated by each other that end up on a twisted path. Definitely do not judge a book by the cover here or you will miss out on an entertaining start to a new series. I found it amusing how the character interactions are with their dislike for each other, plus the whole town acts like watching their fights like a soap opera. There is also a very serious and sensuous side to the story too. I feel like it just all comes out very well rounded.

My favorite thing about the book was between the character point of view switches. They usually end up with a one word descriptive thought that punctuates the characters frame of mind for that scene. I just liked how it gave that similar insight to the two. I liked the overall writing of the book. It is a very well written romance novel. There is character development, strife, anguish, happiness and even more emotions for their journey the two go on.

I wish it went into the Tarot aspect a tad more. I am a fan of tarot cards for one thing. The book starts out with a scene with the tarot and it doesn't discuss it many more times. Don 't get me wrong there are more "clips" I guess I would call them from the tarot at the beginning at each chapter I really liked. Basically it was like a card and the cards meaning which give you a hint to the chapter. I really did like this. I just felt like the character had the tools in her hands to do more to control her situation, but she was stubborn and didn't think of it.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys regency romance.



No comments:

Post a Comment